There are few things more exciting in this life than getting engaged.Some ladies have a feeling it’s coming and are prepped with a mani and a camera crew and some are so caught off guard that all they can do is smile, cry and say yes. In either case, whether you’re a planner or a free spirit, now that the moment you’ve been waiting for has come and the man of your dreams has asked you to be his forever, you might be asking yourself – what next? The prospect of everything that will happen in the year to come can certainly be overwhelming, so let’s take care of the most important things first: you need to make sure that the perfect piece of bling that your man so lovingly picked out is protected. This is why companies like Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company exist.
Jewelers Mutual® is an insurance company that is dedicated exclusively to insuring jewelry. The company was started in Wisconsin by jewelers for jewelers over 100 years ago, so you know they’re the real deal. Their policies offer worldwide travel coverage, the flexibility to work with your own jeweler, and flexible deductible options so you’re sure to find a plan that works best for you and your soon to be hubby. Their coverage spans just about any situation you can think of: Lost your ring? Covered. Ring stolen? Covered. Unsure of what happened to it, but you can’t find it? Covered. (P.S. – we have SO been there and trust me, having insurance and knowing we were covered is just about the only thing that stopped me from having a heart attack). As they’ve only covered jewelry for over 103 years, they do it better than anyone else, so you know your ring is in the right hands. They’ve even put together an amazing guide ( Jewelry Insurance 101 ) with everything you need to know about protecting your ring. You can get a free jewelry insurance quote here. So now that you’re insured, how do you break the exciting news to your closest friends and family and make it more personal and fun? This is where we come in 🙂 Listed below are 5 awesome ideas for how to shout your news from the rooftops:
How to Announce your Engagement in Style
1. Adorable announcement mug Short and sweet, this mug really gets to the point. Here’s to the New Year with lots of love and lots of wedding planning!
2. Signage: A fun DIY project AND the best way to make it personal, signs are a great way to announce your exciting news (plus they make a great Save the Date!)
3. Take advantage of your location: Whether you get engaged in Paris, on top of the Empire State Building in New York City, or somewhere simple, like at the beach, take advantage of that and snap some photos to remember that beautiful moment and special spot.
4. Show off the goods: Take a selfie to show both yours and your fiancé’s reactions to the exciting news of spending the rest of your lives together! Celebrate the three things you love most, your fiancé, the spot you get engaged at, and your new engagement ring!
5. Host a party: Invite your closest friends and family to celebrate your big news. This is the perfect way to announce with whom you will be spending the rest of your life before you post all over Facebook and Instagram. For the planners out there, this is also another way to kick off the party planning AND capture some great pics along the way. Cheers!