Go ahead and grab yourself a glass of wine, because this is gonna be one fabulously long post. We’re sharing all of the major things we will you’ll be seeing at weddings this year, from color to decor to dresses. So if you want to get a sneak peak of the latest and great, or just snag a few ideas, read on!
- Greenery: Pantone called it and we totally agree. Greenery rocked 2016 and will conquer again in 2017. Whether it’s bringing the outdoors inside or creating a natural masterpiece outside, you can expect to see a lot of wild gardens and lush greenery in a lot of weddings this year.
- Industrial Weddings: Undoubtedly a bit hit with the hipster crowd, the industrial trend is actually quite refreshing in a sea of opulence and sparkle. Location is key for the industrial wedding, and would be best set in a loft or warehouse type space. There are some really cool opportunities for detail and decor here. Think lightbulbs as centerpieces, metalwork and some beautiful reclaimed wood tables. Tres chic.
- Marble Weddings: Let’s be honest, we’d cover our whole bodies in marble at this point if we could. Marble kitchens, marble jewelry, marble phone cases – you see where we’re going with this. It’s no doubt that marble will be huge for weddings in 2017. Marble cakes were already a big hit in 2016, but now we’ll see that extend into backdrops, centerpieces and invites.
It’s going to be a big year for statement wedding dresses so prepare to see brides step out of the cookie-cutter traditional gowns, into show-stopping custom looks. In the last few years, slinkier, sexier dresses have run the show but we feel strongly that fuller skirts are making a come back. It’s no secret that over here at Aisle Perfect we are all about the full romance and drama of a wedding, so this is right up our alley.
- Statement Princess Gowns: YASSS. The return of the princess gown. Minimalist gowns had their moment but let’s bring back the show-stopping, heart-stopping gown that are fit for a queen on her big day.
- Headpieces: Nothing says princess bride like a crown. You can expect to see more tiaras and statement headpieces in 2017.
- Detachable Wedding Skirts: As we predicted last year, over-skirt wedding dresses made a huge mark during bridal fashion week and you can expect it to be more of the norm with 2017 brides. Nothing beats a 2 in 1 gown.
GROOMS (reported by Mr. Baldwin Style)
Gone are the days of the simple tuxedo Grooms are really using their wedding day as an opportunity to be just as fashionable as their brides, and we are all for it. This year expect to see a lot of textured jackets, with everything from velvet to brocade and personalized lapels. Looking dapper gents!
- Jackets: In 2017, textured (jacquard, brocade, velvet — particularly for weddings later in the year or in cooler temps) and patterned dinner jackets are certainly remain on trend.
- Smoking Slippers: In lieu, of lace-up shoes, slippers in patent leather, smooth leather, velvet, and brocade are very popular. As shown on many runways, our favorite way to style these shoes is without socks.
We saw a whole lot of mixed bridesmaid arrangements this year, with varying colors and styles and cuts. This year we think you’ll see a return to the monochromatic bridesmaid look, but with some interesting improvements, including:
- Jumpsuits: Talk about a stylish moment. We love this majorly fashionable look for the ultra chic bridal party. In some ways, the jumpsuit can look even more elegant that your typical a-line bridesmaid gown.
- All White Dresses: No longer a taboo. This is a really beautiful look that truly complements the bride. Pro tip – this also makes for some really stunning bridal party photos. Elegance defined.
Details + Decor
- Flowery Invitations: Obviously we are a fan of these beauties 😉 Nothing sets the mood for the day quite like the invitation, and we love the romantic vibe a flowery invitation brings. Make it extra interesting by ditching the traditional rectangular print and choosing some eclectic shapes. It will definitely stand out to your guests.
- Lush Bouquets: Is there anything better than a bold bouquet? The year of the peony is officially over, and in 2017 you can expect to see big, lush arrangements that are the epitome of dreamy. Bright colors, sweeping layers and extra greenery – it’s gonna be a stunning year for bouquets.
- Hanging Floral Decor: Keeping with the return to greenery trend, expect to see a lot of hanging floral decor in place of chandeliers and traditional decor. If you are a boho bride then 2017 was made for you.
- Large Lettered Signs: Talk about a photo op. This will easily be the most instagrammed thing at your wedding and makes a bold visual statement.
- Doughnuts – Nope, they’re not going anywhere (thank goodness). Doughnut walls were one of the biggest trends in 2016 and they will continue on this year. These are a huge hit with guests and a really fun twist on traditional desserts.
- Drizzle / Drip Cakes – We feel like every year cakes are stepping up their game and this year is no different. We love the artistic look of this drizzle cakes and think you will be seeing them everywhere this year.
- Dessert Stations – Another favorite that’s sticking around. Many brides are forgoing served cake for these fun dessert stations. Most venues will let you bring in sweets, so this is a great opportunity for you to get together for a bake off with your bridesmaids or mamas before the big day.
- Snapchat Filters – Is it really a wedding if it doesn’t have its own snap filter? (kidding, but yes this is a pretty cool thing). 2017 is all about custom, personalized everything so why not surprise your guests with a special filter that’s all yours.
- Amazing Instagram Trailers
- Creative Wedding Short Films
- Silent Disco: I’ve seen this going around a lot lately and think it’s such a creative way to dance the night away. no noise, just you and the music!
A few extras to look out for…
- Elaborate Proposals
- Glam Engagements
All in all, it’s going to be a pretty amazing 2017 for weddings. So feel free to choose which trends work for you and rock it as you please. We can’t wait to see pictures! Tag your special day #aisleperfect on Instagram so we can follow along :).