It’s the moment you’ve dreamt of ever since you were a little girl: picking out your wedding dress. Your wedding is the one day where you get to feel like and be a princess for a day. However, this is undoubtedly a HUGE decision. So instead of stressing out about the millions of options out there, it’s much better to become as educated as possible on styles and options before you hit the racks to make it the fun experience it should be. We’ve put together this helpful graphic (save to your Pinterest ASAP!) to get you up to speed on the many different silhouettes out there. Here’s a quick run down:
- Ball Gown: The classic. For the bride who wants to make an entrance. This shape is universally flattering and the ultimate princess style.
- Mermaid: One of the most popular styles in recent years, the silhouette is fitted through the bodice to show off your killer curves with a flare after the knee.
- Trumpet: Similar to mermaid, but less tight through the hips. A good choice if you want to tear it up on the dance floor.
- Empire: This romantic style is straight out of a Jane Austen novel and a perfect silhouette for your happily ever after. This is fitted under the bust and then flows out for an airy feel.
- Sheath: AKA the one you’ve been seeing all over instagram. This look is modern, sexy and fashion-forward.
- A-Line: This is a more relaxed take on the ball gown silhouette. Fitted through the waist and flared out below, it provides that classic look while still remaining functional (you won’t need 5 bridesmaids to get you down the aisle).
- Tea length – The perfect choice for the retro bride. This sweet silhouette reminds us of classic 1950’s and 1960’s wedding gowns and is perfect for and outdoor wedding as it’s lifted off the ground.